Preparation for promotion 2024
In just two months, we will welcome the new cohort of approximately 1,460 freshmen to the University of Denver, cohort of 2024.
Undergraduate Admission staff and admissions advisors have worked diligently over the past year to assess applications from over 22,000 potential students. Several months are then spent evaluating all applicants to ensure that the DU admits the right mix of students.
Here are some characteristics of this fall’s incoming class:
- The class has an average high school GPA of 3.72, an ACT score of 29, and a SAT score of 1263.
- 23% of them applied for an optional test in the first year of the DU offering this type of application.
- 71% of students come from outside Colorado and represent 48 states and the District of Columbia.
- Students will come from 32 different countries.
- 26% are students of color.
- 16% are first generation students.
- The class includes five Boettcher Scholars, 14 Daniels Fund recipients and 42 Denver Scholarship Foundation recipients.
- About 150 transfer students will start at DU this fall.